Monday, May 13, 2013

Dreams do come true

I have been bursting at the seems to share my exciting news...
I am officially a See Jane Run Ambassador. I have to be completely honest. I have never viewed myself as a runner. I only did it because I love triathlon so much and well, you need to run the last leg. This past year I have worked extremely hard to improve my running. I have been working with an amazing elite runner who graciously offers running clinics in our area. I hired a triathlon coach who has emphasized the importance of my running to improve my triathlon. I've been embraced by the best of friends and family who have encouraged me to no end and finally I can call myself a runner. I don't know if it was when I completed my first 1/2 marathon (April 2013) or that I have a new 10km PR. I'm guessing that it is because I am now a Jane!!!! For those of you that don't know about See Jane Run they are an amazing company that is owed and operated by women!!! They also put on some fabulous races that serve up chocolate and champagne!!! Yes, they do know women!!! I am so honoured to be a part of this fabulous community and I hope I make them proud.


Now what have I been up to this week?

That's right, my awesome training buddy and I got our first open water swim in. You know what? It was actually quite pleasant. I think the water was warmer than last year. We did a ride right after too but I felt a little chilled on the ride. 
I am on a rest week now so the family took me camping for Mother's Day.

~My 3 crazy girls~
I had a nice relaxing few days. Some lovely walks on the beach, sitting around the campfire roasting vegan marshmallows and putting my feet up to read a book. My coach even called to wish me a Happy Mothers Day and ensure I was indeed taking it easy.
Happy Mothers Day to all you fabulous Mom's out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment