Thursday, May 4, 2017

Where have I been?

Well it seems quite some time ago since I last posted. I thought I better check in and let people know where I have been. This winter I had to make a big life decision. I was offered a really great job opportunity, one that does not come around too often. It would give me consistency, work close to home, long term employment and good money. I felt I wasn't quite ready to take on full time work although over the last few years with my 2 jobs I was working close to full time most weeks. It just wasn't consistent. I knew it was going to be a big change because I would no longer have control of my own hours. My days will be longer and it would mean way less time spent with my family. That alone was the hardest to give up. 
However, I want other things for myself and my family. This job was going to help us with that.
So January 1st I started my transition to full time. The only problem is I still held on to my other 2 jobs. So to say we (as in me and my family) it is such an understatement. 


I'm happy that I took on this new job but it has not been easy. I know many others share this same path. We have had bumps along the way and it is making training a lot more difficult. The stress of changing jobs and having to relearn how to do things takes its toll. Luckily I have a pretty awesome coach who has gotten to know me well and spotted right away that work stress was taking its toll on me. He pulled back the training for me despite my stubbornness. 

Now that I have finally balanced life, family, work and training things are starting to look up. 

This year I am representing some pretty amazing teams and companies. 

This will be my 3rd year on the wonderful Team Soas. I have met and gotten to know so many fabulous strong women from this team. They continue to inspire me every day.
Stephanie the owner treats us like gold. Check out our team gear:
This is my 2nd year on Team Nuun. I have been using their stuff for years and cannot do a swim workout without it. Again great team members and always honoured to be a part of it.


This will be my 1st year with Base Performance. The main reason I applied to this team is because their Base Salt saves me in every single hot race I have done. I even shared at Calgary 70.3 last year. Again another fantastic group of like minded athletes. 


This is only half my gear there's more on the way! If you want to try out any of their products let me know and I will share the goodies. Especially the salt.

Last but not least this was my most exciting surprise. Blade Carbon Wheels invited me to join them for the first time this year. I am thrilled to be on this team because first and foremost they are Canadian. I love supporting my country in any way I can. 
These guys make amazing wheels. I can't wait to race on my new wheel set this year.
You should check them out HERE: http://www.bladecarbonwheels.com
and for a little discount plug in: ANDREAMAC

So what are my racing plans for the rest of the year? 
This weekend I am during my first stand alone marathon. I'll be racing in the BMO Vancouver Marathon. I have no idea what to expect since I've never done a marathon without swimming or biking first. I hope to run a strong race but more over be at the finish line for my amazing friend Leslie who embarked on this journey with me to also complete her first marathon.

We treasure our weekly Sunday long runs together supporting each other in tough times. It's amazing how therapeutic the training becomes.

After that I have Coeur D'Alene 70.3 end of June.
Whistler 70.3 end of July.
ITU Worlds Long Distance and aquathlon end of August. 

I'm not going to lie, I do worry about getting enough training in to get me where I want to be but that awesome coach has my back and I know he will do what it takes to take me as far as I can go without throwing me off the deep end.
























No comments:

Post a Comment