Tuesday, April 23, 2013

All this paperwork is tough

Again I have to apologize for my lack of blogging. Keeping up with all this paperwork is tough business. First up...
I won the underwater ipod!!!! I have had it for a few weeks now and it really does help me get into the pool. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!
Next up is all of this training. I have to say I actually really enjoy it. Lots of ups and downs. Overall though, it makes me happy. I'm just coming off of a rest week and I believe I will be getting into the more core part of my training plan. My coach has warned me. Yikes!!!! The good news is I think I'm on track and my coach is happy so this means all is well. As long as I don't injure myself I think it will all pan out nicely. 
My new bike is working out fabulous. I honestly had no idea that a better bike does help your riding. I still totally suck on hills but I don't suck as bad as I used to.
My next big news was I completed my very first half marathon. I did the Comox half at the end of March and was pleasantly surprised with my final time of 2:03:12. It was a great race. Lots of my friends were there racing especially my favourite vegan...
Sandra and I are both vegan athletes not that we boast much about it. She is a total rockstar though. I am so happy to have her in my life. This was when we were 1/2 marathon virgins (about 10 minutes before we started the race).  The best thing about this race is I finished strong. I actually sprinted the last kilometre. So now that that's under my belt I am definitely ready for my 1st half Ironman!

Now I am taking a small break from racing. Come June first though I will be a busy girl. I promise to keep you posted ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment